We all want to be happier, yet it can be a struggle from time to time. Whether it’s stress from your job, family life, relationships, many factors play a role in our happiness and we all experience not so joyful times. Here are a few ways to improve your mood if you find yourself feeling a little down:
- Focus on hope – Being hopeful about something in your life can really change your emotional outlook. Having hope means that you know that the future will be better than today and you know that you have the power to take the necessary steps to get there. If you are having a less than stellar moment, choose a goal that you have been putting off for a while, and think of what you need to in order to reach it. It could be something small or big, but visualizing how you can make it real will give you something to positive to focus on.
- Get some air: Go outside and get some great exercise. Exercising is a sure fire way to make yourself feel better emotionally and physically. Your brain will thank you and your body will benefit from it too. Staying cooped up indoors is enough to make anyone start thinking negatively. So get outside and move!
- Pick better companions: Being around people that are constantly talking negatively or complaining all the time, can really take a toll on your happiness level. Limit contact with people who are like this and if you can, eliminate them from your life altogether. You get to choose the energy that surround you. Instead of partaking in negative gossip tune it out and click on a happy video instead.
- Grab a healthy treat: Eating certain foods can actually make you feel happier and we all know eating unhealthy can make us feel drained and sluggish. Foods like seafood, eggs, nuts, and leafy greens are wonderful alternatives to boost your mood and actually contain ingredients that help you brain feel healthier and happier.
- Do one thing you love: Everyone has a hobby or something they enjoy doing. Make time for these personal pleasures each day instead of putting them on the back burner. If you allow yourself at least thirty minutes a day to do something you love, you will ultimately feel happier throughout the day.
– à bientôt
Charell Star | A Girl In A Dress